What started out as a quick way to use up some potatoes turned into something a bit more labor intensive than expected. I bought these little guys with the intention of making my own version of Umami's smushed potatoes. But as time passed by I knew I wasn't going to deep fry any time soon, so potato salad it is.
In my usual potato salad I combine them with mayo, carrots, pickles, and whatever else I feel like adding. I soon realized I had no mayo so I thought, "oh, I'll just make some then!". And then I realized I didn't have any pickles! So then I thought, "oh, I'll just make those too." On top of that, I decided to roast them instead of boiling. And next thing you know a 10 minute potato salad turned to 40 minutes.
I think it was all worth it though. The fresh mayo and pickled onions really added flavor, and the roasted potatoes gave it some depth. I seasoned it with just salt and pepper and a little cayenne pepper and served (ate) it warm.

1 comment:
I looove potato salad! Once I made mayo without the electric whip, just with a fork as grandmas used to. It took ages, and my arm was really hurting. Great mayo, though ;-)
Post a Comment